Friday, November 7, 2008

Day 10: the good and the bad

The bad:
At this point in the last cycle, I had 6 correctly-sized follicles. This cycle, even with more medication, I have 5. There is no way to know why my ovaries are so sluggish this cycle. For heaven's sake, on a lower dosage I got 21 mature eggs my first cycle. It could be the metformin, but I've never heard anyone else say that metformin ruined their response.

The good:
My estrogen is much, much higher than it was last cycle. This bespeaks of the possibility of lurking eggs. A couple more may well fatten up and surprise us. We're giving my ovaries another day to cook and cutting down the dosage.

Herein I enclose a table for my own record-keeping, enjoyment & convenience, because I find hand-coding HTML tables strangely soothing:


E2
Cycle 2Cycle 3
Day 4134154
Day 6445491
Day 89101401
Day 10 1938 (trigger)
3226
Day 11 (trigger)
4065 (trigger)

Of course, this also means that the risk for OHSS is going back up, but
  1. It's less likely with so many fewer follicles, regardless of the E2;
  2. I do not care.
Another scan tomorrow, likely trigger tomorrow night, for a Monday retrieval.

So that's the news. On the whole I'm feeling much much happier than I was a few days ago, when it seemed that even pumping up the dose wasn't doing anything to make this cycle different from last. At least things are moving. Or at least I'm high on estrogen.

2 comments:

  1. I think you are absolutely right and that there are more follies lurking in there, justing waiting to jump out and surprise you (that sounds a little scary, but you know what I mean).

    ReplyDelete