Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day 5 of Stims: not so good

My E2 was pretty low on Saturday, as low as it was last time with my "poor response" cycle, despite the higher dose of stims. It must be the metformin.

We raised the dose and I quit taking the metformin. If I have <10 follicles on tomorrow's scan we'll cancel this cycle and consider converting to an IUI. If you know anything about the issues here, you know that this would be a hideously hilarious choice for me.

Most people would only cancel a cycle with <5 follicles, but this is my last chance, my last insurance-covered cycle. I want it to be everything it can be. I don't even care about OHSS any more. I just want a big old crop of eggs.

I will admit that my first thought about canceling the cycle and trying again was oh crap, not more birth control pills.

4 comments:

  1. You might inquire about a no BCP/No Lupron cycle. Many times, the BCP's prevent a great response to the stims. Although, I do think that if you had 10 follicles, that would be a normal response.
    Regardless, you'll know what's best--but many top RE's are now doing a No Lupron/BCP cycle and finding greater success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't blame you for cancelling, even though I think 10 is a normal response too. After even one failed IVF, you get pretty damn serious about making sure everything goes off without a hitch stims/response-wise if you're going to do it again. Wishing you strength and stability as you make these decisions in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-(

    Hope things improve and you get the 10+ follicles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about the drama-- it does seem as though nothing in this process is ever easy or straightforward (or maybe it's just me).

    ReplyDelete