Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Fertilization Report

The good news: 8 were mature.

The bad news: only 4 fertilized, even with ICSI.

Heading for a three day transfer, if one makes it.

God this cycle sucks. Do I have to chose between being having OHSS and barely/not making it to transfer?

I'm sure my mood will come around but right now I just feel so goddamn sad. Sad that this all has to be so painful and difficult and scary and expensive. Scared of what will happen when we run out our last covered cycle and have to look at raising (read: borrowing) the money.

And of course the chances are that we won't have multiple high-quality embryos, which will greatly up the pressure to transfer more than one, and I've already decided that we can't do that, we just can't. But it will make it all the more painful knowing that our chances are farther reduced from last time, and will torment me all the more if it doesn't work. 3 day transfers are less successful (possibly because people who do 3 day transfers generally have fewer embryos to choose from, fewer eggs, lower quality).

I don't know. I'm sore and I'm sad and I just don't know what to do.

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh. It just sounds so hard and I'm so sorry you have to go through this emotional wringer. But you still have Chris, Vin, Chico and, I don't know, Petra? It's too soon to rule this cycle a bust!

    If you get pregnant and have a boy will you name him Yul? If a girl you can call her Bryn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sucks hard. I'm sorry. Rooting for the ones you've got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry this has been such a tough one for you. I am still very hopeful for your 4 embryos-- I think it's ok if you can't feel too hopeful right now (so let yourself off the hook for that one), but just know that I (for one) am out here cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry it's not more, but still... y'know it's four going merrily away. I'll keep my fingers crossed for transfer.

    ReplyDelete