Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Retrieval Day

Still groggy, but I wanted to note that

- I feel a thousand, million, quizillion times better than last time. I thought that maybe I was a real wimp, but in fact getting 25 eggs sucked out while you've got OHSS is an entirely different experience than having 9 eggs sucked out when you're healthy.

- Right, 9 eggs! I don't think for a second that any more than the 6 we saw will be mature, but maybe I am hopeful that all 6 could be mature. Maybe?

- Anesthesia is truly a miracle.

- I'm kind of sore, kind of sleepy, but I can totally imagine getting dressed and going to work tomorrow. Did I mention SO MUCH BETTER THAN LAST TIME.

- It's only 11am, which means I have a long lovely day stretched out ahead of me involving naps, the last two episodes of House, Magnificent Seven, and Project Gutenberg (where I have been working my way through Horatio Alger's oeuvre. No, I can't explain it. Perhaps the exploits of boot-blacks and newsboys just show my current life situation to good effect).

Sleepy now! Hart to all of you who sent me lovely warm thoughts.

7 comments:

  1. Glad it was so much better this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief!!!

    Give my love to Yul (the hat just slays me).

    Happy recuperating! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm glad to hear it was easier this time. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it went well and you are feeling chipper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEA!!! Congrats on the 9 and on an experience that sounds much better than your last-- I hope you are relaxing on the couch (or reading some Ragged Dick) right now--

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes!! I'm going to be really annoying and say this-- I had a feeling you were going to get more than 6. Hope your recovery is smooth. I had a rough recovery from IVF too and also thought I was a wimp. I think OHSS just kicks a girl's ass. I tried to go back to work the second day after and ended up leaving early.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cheering you and your 9 on from here!
    southwesterngemini from RC

    ReplyDelete