Tuesday, August 12, 2008

4dp3dt: wild mood swings

Things I had at this point last cycle that I don't have now:
  1. Heartburn
  2. Lots of cramps
  3. OHSS
  4. A sore bum from the progesterone shots

Things I have now that I didn't have at this point last cycle:
  1. The ability to stand up straight
  2. Possibly a few little tiny cramps that disappear in the surge of adrenalin as soon as I pay any attention to them
  3. A numb bum/upper thigh from the progesterone shots.

Stuff I'm grateful for:
  1. One of my 8-celled embryos turned into... wait for it... a 5AA hatching blast! It was cryo'd on Monday, I believe. I'm stunned and grateful. I really didn't think I was going to get anything frozen out of this cycle. As me old mam used to say, there's no security like embryos in the bank.
  2. As I type, some sturdy young men are installing our new Ikea kitchen. So! excited! Soon we will have actual cabinet space, and counter space, and ev'rything. Cannot wait. It's wonderfully distracting. I may not be able to will the world into giving me a baby, but dammit, I can with certain success go out and get myself a kitchen.
  3. All the people who left me "fingers crossed"-type comments. Knowing that there are all these people out there pulling for us -- it's. well. it's nice. Really nice.

I am careening wildly between believing that this IVF worked and being sure it didn't. Stared at the baby stuff in Ikea last night, but also planned in great detail how and where I'm going to cry if it's negative. On the whole, considering how batshit crazy progesterone makes me, I'm doing okay.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the embryo in the bank (you're right-- that IS security). I hope this is it for you-- I'm sending all my good fertility mojo your way--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the blast! Although I hope you won't need it until much MUCH later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have one into the freezer - when it wasn't looking hopeful.

    I want photos of the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete