Sunday, June 29, 2008

56 days later... another openin' of another show!

Man, I am impressed by those Endometrium pills. I admit that I was a bit skeptical that shoving them up my hooha twice a day could actually make a difference the way shoving a 1.5" needle into my ass did, but sure enough, it worked. The proof is in the luteal period; 17 days. I didn't get my period until almost 3 days after stopping the Endometrium. I've never had a luteal period longer than 14 days on my own. That's some good shit.

Yesiree Bob, that's right, I've started bleeding, which makes today CD1. Which makes today the first day of IVF #2. Tomorrow I go for bloods and, if all is well, I start birth control pills in the evening.

Tomorrow I will also start metformin. Doc read my carefully supplicatory-yet-insistent note and agreed that, on the basis of the paper I sent him, I looked like a good candidate for the protocol.
Either that or he glanced at the long paper and long note and thought "the quickest way to make her leave me alone is to write her a prescription for glucophage". Either way works for me.

To do:
  1. Stop by SpunkMart and get some sperm. This time I'm going to buy the "ART" vials, which are (even) smaller and (somewhat) cheaper than the standard IUI vials. It's a shame they don't sell the sperm per each. Since we're doing ICSI we only need, like, ten.

  2. Do the math, ask for a few days off around retrieval. Hopefully there'll be fewer eggs and no OHSS and therefore the retrieval won't knock me flat on my ass for five days the way it did last time. In any case, I'm going to try and pass it off as vacation time, not sick time. Everyone's already quite suspicious enough from my two-week bender in April, not to mention my constant needle tracks. Thank goodness I don't bruise.

  3. Order meds from Awesome Online Pharmacy. Last time the doctor's office ordered the meds from a local pharmacy that seems to have a stranglehold on area fertility prescriptions. They'd never heard of my beloved ethyl oleate, and sent (and charged me for) crappy-ass syringes that B disliked so much that she swiped some better ones from her lab. Awesome Online Pharmacy not only overnighted me the P in ethyl oleate for half the price of the only local place that could or would compound it, they also sent, for free, decent syringes, alcohol swabs, and a sharps container. So this time I got the prescriptions myself and I'll be ordered everything from AOP. Actually, why be coy -- it's The Apothecary Shop. The eagle-eyed who know me in real life may be able to spot another random reason for my affection for this particular establishment.

In other ordered lists news, I have some good life distractions.
  1. I got a fat promotion at work, which was extremely soothing to my soul -- at least my life is moving ahead in that way. Since the world has been generally failing to conform to my will lately, it meant a lot to me.

  2. Not coincidentally, we're remodeling the kitchen, which has been in desperate need of help for a long time. We took Friday off from work and went to IKEA and just bought the whole freaking kitchen. It was very exciting. And I love shopping, so picking out the sink, faucet and cabinet knobs are all endlessly thrilling tasks. We're having it installed by the IKEA-branded contractor, mainly because I am unsure of my ability to hang the wall cabinets safely on our masonry exterior walls. Also because I would really like this done without lifting a finger, since my honey-do list is both long and neglected.
And that's all the list items I've got today.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so I don't know anything about this, but why do you have to do retrieval again? Don't you have Tiny Frozen Americans still? I was hoping you wouldn't have to go through that particular hell again for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for CD1. I hope it all goes well with the pill popping and egg retrieving.

    Congratulations on your raise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a cool coincidence! *grins*

    ReplyDelete