Sunday, April 13, 2008

6dp5dt: HOLY CRAP

HOLY CRAP.
I don't seem able to say much else.

I've been randomly yelling "HOLY CRAP" ever since around 8pm last night.

See, I was feeling low. L-O-W. That morning's pee-stick had been stark white, and I was so very sick of staring at thin urine-soaked pieces of cardboard, willing them to say other than what they clearly said.

Just for fun (...) I decided to torture myself by doing one more before going to sleep. And HOLY CRAP. Within 6 minutes, a line, a respectable line, a line that I did not need a full-spectrum light to see.

Quavering, I yelled for my sweetheart. She dashed in, convinced that I was bleeding. I shoved the stick at her, and made her tell me about 10 times that I wasn't hallucinating.

Then I peed on three more (I buy them in bulk lots of 50, okay? shush.) As you can see, results were similar.

It just seemed so unreal. Eventually, after some hysterical typing with BFF, I went to sleep. I often wake up in the middle of the night, and when I wake up, I start thinking and thinking, usually dark thoughts, and I can't get back to sleep. Usually when this happens I pop on my headphones and listen to something soporific from librivox.org (I'm currently working on The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew). It lulls me right to sleep; I haven't had any bad insomnia since discovering this strategy.

Anyway, last night I woke up in the middle of the night, and I didn't put my headphones on. I just lay there, full of thoughts, light thoughts, joyful thoughts, hopeful thoughts.

This morning's first pee (supposedly the most concentrated) came out a good deal fainter than last night. I waited an hour and then tried again and it was a bit darker than last night. Dunno what that's about.

I know I'd be a fool to really celebrate this early. Chemical pregnancies are extremely common, especially with IVF. So, so early. Much too early.

But I've got something to celebrate. I've never seen a second line before, excluding the trigger shot. There's a chance here. There's a real chance. If it doesn't work out I'm going to cuss and try to move on gracefully. But right now, just for this minute, this second, I am pregnant.

And I am grateful beyond belief.

7 comments:

  1. Hurrah!

    When will a red line be definitely* accepted as real?

    * By the average medical professional as a private opinion

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!

    Do you drink a lot of water at night? I do...in our case FMU may NOT be the most concentrated...

    THOSE ARE SOME LINES, honey!

    Rebecca (puppymom on RC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told Matt, hope you don't mind--I was just so excited I blurted it out and only thought later that I shouldn't have. (He was very happy for you too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sitting here so cautiously optimistic for you! Yippeee!
    SWG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm feeling so optimistic about this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not early! WOO HOO! Those are gorgeous!!! Congrats mommies!!!

    ReplyDelete