Sunday, March 23, 2008

Day 3 of Stims

Thing's're going well. I'm feeling pretty good. The morning Lupron shots are now warm and familiar enough that, even half asleep, I scoot over to the side of the bed and assume the position my quite willingly. The volume's down by half (.05 now) and my darlin brought me home a bunch of 28 1/2 ga needles, which are so very tiny that they can barely be felt.

The evening's entertainment has been the stim medications. There's certainly a satisfying amount of pomp and circumstance in this procedure. Before the shot I carefully arrange all the supplies -- Follistim pen, vials of Menopur and sterile water, 3cc syringe, 22ga 1" needle of mixing, 27ga .5" needle for injectin', Q-cap for mixing, alcohol swabs, sharps container. 225iu Follistim, 75iu Menopur, .5cc water, mix, shoot up. It hurts more than the Lupron -- not so much the needle stick, but there's a distinct stinging sensation as it's injected, and since there's a lot more of it, that last a little while. It doesn't hurt very much on any absolute scale, though.

After the shot I lie down for 20 minutes or so and listen to this meditation cd I bought because I am a sucker okay. It's a pretty standard guided meditation, except it leads you through picturing the medications gently coursing through your blood (I think of it as little dollar signs mixing in with the red blood cells). The medicated blood surrounds your ovaries, coaxing out a bounty of healthy eggs.

I like it. I'm skeptical enough that when she says something about "bringing forth new life" I always have to say out loud "maybe". But it's a nice time to lie there and visualize metaphors. I think right now the one I'm grooving on is forcing seeds. Because that's what we're doing, see. The Follistim is the Gro-Light, and my ovaries are some nice rich potting soil, and hopefully tons of little seeds will spring forth. Unfortunately I know even less about gardening than I do about reproductive endocrinology, so that's as far as the metaphor can go really.

My first follicle scan is on Tuesday. Think big, people. Lots of nice follicles pls. They don't have to be fast-growing, slow is fine, but I want a lot of them.

In other news:

Things I like about Blogspot
How easy it is to post pictures without worrying about hosting
Being able to get actual names from nonmember commenters
The interface, in general
The fact that it's not Livejournal.

Things I dislike about Blogspot
The lack of THREADED COMMENTS. I had not anticipated how much I'd hate not being able to easily reply to comments. Instead I have to go like this:

Dawn, I love that picture! My favorite wedding dress designer (is it sad that I have a favorite wedding dress designer?) is Atelier Aimee, whose main gag is pinning a lot of silk roses to things. I throughly approve.

Big love going out to Emily and Shannon and Kristy and Lizzies. Your presence as we go through this krazy kaper is something I'm very grateful for. HART.

Sarah/Mrs Bluemont, thank you so much, and welcome! I've enjoyed your blog for a while now so I'm very glad to finally make your acquaintance.

Cowgirl, thanks! And I am so glad to be off the BCPs -- they made my breasts so sore that my dog would brush one with his paw during the night and I'd wake up hissing in pain. I started sleeping with a pillow protectively covering them. No fun.

Now see, that would have been a lot easier on LJ. Has anyone come up with a threaded comment solution for Blogspot? Or is the answer "move to Wordpress"? I kind of like the Googley oneness of Blogspot, but the lack of threaded comments is really really annoying.

7 comments:

  1. It annoys me too. I've been meaning to test out one of the threaded comment plugins for my blog, I'm just lazy and haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping for many eggs!

    Why don't you like LJ btw? Or is that an entry all on its own?

    (And does that mean you won't be reading it from now on?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's hoping for many spring seeds!

    BTW, I love that wedding dress, the pink and roses are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the image of gonal-f like a grow-light. Cool. And, wordpress comments are much the same, so don't switch for that!

    Good luck and fx for lots of nice follies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, there was definitely extra wincing with the men*pur for me, especially when we'd rotate to the belly location. ow! but not unmanageable. i was worried about the PiO with the long needle, but it's proved to be uneventful each time. my honey's a sharpshooter :)

    i love the forcing seeds metaphor. during stims i was visualizing pomegranates, filled with juicy seeds...

    grow, eggs, grow!

    tina (from rc)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping for lots of follies today!!!
    b from http://hereticalhedonism.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. <333333333333333 x infinity!!!!

    ReplyDelete