Friday, March 14, 2008

Last Day of BCPs

7th day of Lupron, last day of birth control pills. The Lupron's been treating me very well. Every morning my heart's own love brings me a cup of coffee and a syringe. Eyes still firmly shut I shimmy over to the side of the bed and bare my belly. I feel the cold swipe of an antiseptic wipe and start fuzzily counting. I feel hardly a prick and by 3 she's done. A swish of aloe gel to keep it from itching and that's it.

For two mornings I felt really nauseous an hour or so after the shot, and got as far as sprinting to a puke-suitable place with my mouth watering. Then I remembered that I'd changed the vitamins that I take with my coffee every morning . Today I didn't take my new iron-heavy vitamin, and hey, no nausea. I don't know if the hormone + iron combination or if I just got the wrong kind of multivitamin, but I'm very happy to have (I hope) solved the problem.

I have been looking at wedding dresses online. I think a part of me wants the reassurance that if I don't get pregnant, we can still move to Canada or some other nice country and get married. I can still get something I want. This is moronic, because of course I have almost everything I want. I've been phenomenally lucky in a thousand different ways.

It's just that the crumpled list of dreams I have always carried in my heart still has a few big-ticket items left on it.

I've been so blessed. More, please.

7 comments:

  1. What's the next stage?

    Gorgeous picture btw - I've always loved roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post, dearie. Wishing you more and more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have everything, everything. I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope you get everything and every blessing you want.

    bcps are the worst part of ivf i think. the rest goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post! I can't wait to dig into your archives.

    Much love and luck to you darling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked your comment on my blog yesterday. I think I really am going to decoupage those damn stairs if they ever let me into the place.

    And yes, please have all the babies and weddings you want. It's all about getting everything you want.

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  7. you would look lovely in roses, mei.

    i'm always thinking of you both. <3

    ReplyDelete