Tuesday, August 7, 2007

CD18: the good, and the bad.

Good:
I managed to hold back my egg! I'm pretty sure I'm ovulating, like, right this second. Today's timing is pretty perfect. My cervical mucus is the cervical mucus of song & legend. Unfortunately...

Bad:
When the doctor popped the slide under the 'scope, the sperm were all dead. Every one. I don't know why. I've seen them swimming before, with my own eyes. But I saw them dead with my own eyes, too. Nothing, all my chickens, dead, gone, useless.

Next steps:
KD is off to have a sperm analysis, if that comes out okay we'll reassess the shipping situation.

Hilarious:
The circumstances that ended up with our doctor carefully perusing each page of the 2008 South of Market Bare Chest calendar, each page of which had been personally dedicated to us by the man-of-the-month. No, no further explication of how this happened will be forthcoming. Suffice to say that this calendar is now one of my treasured possessions and will join my fertility corner. All that yin's gotta do some good.

In summary:
*weak smile*

ETA: KD has just shamefacedly admitted to roasting his testicles in a hot tub on Monday morning before shipping. Perhaps that's the answer? Conflicting information on the intarweb on that point. Still, somewhat hilarious, somehow, that I didn't consider his hot-tubbin' lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment