Saturday, August 18, 2007

CD29, 10dpo: It was the best of 2wws, it was the worst of 2wws.

Setting some kind of personal record, I am 10dpo and have not yet peed on a single stick. Since I usually start peeing on everything I can find on about 7dpo, this is a notable achievement.

Unfortunately, the reason I have been able to hold out so long is that I inseminated with one confirmed-dead sample and one not-confirmed-dead-but-I-saw-no-swimming-under-the-scope sample. I can't even believe the "it only takes one" thing, because I know that in fact it takes what, several hundred? for capicitation etc. Well, who knows, maybe they were all huddling at the other end of the syringe when we looked.

KD, as part of his continuing medical bad-luck derby, is currently passing a kidney stone. When he's recovered I'll ask about the analysis, and we can start to think about next steps.

On the brighter side, the time has flown by given that I am currently on the other side of the country, having this week witnessed the birth of my best friend's first child. He is a bonny wee lad, and seems fain to bring his parents great joy and little sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment