Wednesday, August 1, 2007

CD12: here we go!

And the show has begun... for the next few days my job will be to attempt to not ovulate.

See, KD is a Very Important Guy, in a certain sphere. From Wednesday to Sunday he will be traveling as part of his ceremonial Important Guy obligations. This might be okay. Historically, I've ovulated between CD18-20. His returning on Monday would let us still squeak in one insem if I ovulated on CD18 (Tuesday), and two if I went on 19 or 20.

Except that today is Fertile Day 1. I was hoping for an extra day or so. I don't have the data from last month on me at the mo, but for the previous four months this is when I've ovulated:

FD1+6 days
FD1+7 days
FD1+5 days
FD1+8 days

(to anyone who's familiar with the Ov-Watch, yes, this is weird. Typically people ovulate on "Ov 1" or "Ov 2", which would be FD1+4 or FD1+5.  But since my ovulating later has been confirmed by transvaginal ultrasound and bloodwork, as well as OPKs, I'm very sure that I have in the past only ovulated on FD1+4/5 once).

Basically, if I'm at the short end of that range -- FD1+5 -- then I'm out for this month. There's no way we can get spunk on Monday.  But if things can hang on for one more day, then at least we've got a chance. Insemming the day before is better than insemming the day of, but it's better than nothing.

I could stick a fork in the elaborate Rube Goldberg machine that is my endocrine system by slapping on some progesterone cream. That might delay ovulation, or it might suppress it entirely, or it might do nothing. It seems like a bad idea, but I'm a bit desperate --  after last month's fiasco the thought of missing this month too makes me want to scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment