Thursday, March 15, 2007

CD32, 12DPO: oh, bureaucracy.

B and I said we'd try for six months before seeing an RE. It did occur to me, though, that the REs may well be booked months in advance. So today I called my insurance to see what I would have to do to get covered for fertility treatment.

It has to be pre-certified. I knew that. It will cover me, even though I am Teh Gay, and I do not have to pretend that I am not Teh Gay. I knew that, too. My doctor has to submit the request for pre-certification. Bzuh?

That's right. The doctor has to confirm that my partner and I are functionally infertile.

*headdesk*

I don't think that appointment should take very long.

ETA: I did call an RE's office and they're only scheduling a month out. Since I happen to have a doctor's appointment in another month anyway, that'll work out just fine. But oh, the ridiculousity.

No comments:

Post a Comment