Wednesday, February 28, 2007

CD17: once more, with feeling.

I'm betting the farm on the Ov-Watch this month. So far only the lightest of LH lines. Not great mucus yesterday, but very encouraging this morning. As far as I can tell the CM is the gatekeeper and once the little buggers get past that they can hang out for a good long time. I'm hoping that even if I'm way early the good CM will mean that they get decently into place. I do fear that we missed it by a week, the way we did last cycle. God I hope it's not another 35-day cycle... not the worst anyone's been through, I know someone who regularly has 45-day cycles, but argh. The Two Week Wait turning into a Three Week Wait is just too infuriating.

I'm going to keep charting, though. My big mistake last month was stopping recording all my signs once I thought I ovulated. Overconfident! If I had kept it up I'd have a much better idea when I actually went. This month I'm going to keep recording every single stinking day.

Speaking of data: I am obsessed with my new microscope. I used to have one as a kid and I'd forgotten how much I loved shoving things under it. It's fun seeing the salivary ferning, fun seeing the wiggly sperm, and even fun seeing the dead ones. The $5 Value Village kiddie model has been surprisingly useful, but I went ahead and snagged a better-quality model off of eBay. Next month I think we'll have marshaled the technology to do a home-semen analysis. I don't have any real doubts about the quality of KD's spunk -- it sure looks wiggly -- but it will be fun to have the numbers. Once again I congratulate myself on my foresight in acquiring a biologist girlfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment