Thursday, February 22, 2007

CD11 head+desk=me

I don't understand the problem I'm having lately with counting. First we miss our plane on Tuesday because I look at my watch and think "plenty of time!" when in fact there is very little time. Now I have miscalculated the time it will take to send the big box of shippers + mug warmer to San Francisco. There's no way it's going to get there on time. The most likely day to ovulate is CD18 (although the stress may push it back, I have to assume that things will proceed on schedule). That's 3/1. Inseminations should be CD16+17, 2/27 + 2/28. That means the boxes will need to be mailed on 2/26 + 2/27. But the freezey pack needs to be frozen for 48 hours before shipping, bringing us to 2/24, which is this Saturday. Har har har. If I had just sent it two-day, it would have been fine, but I had to be cheap and send it ground, and with the President's Day delay it didn't even go out until yesterday, and there's no way on earth it could make it there in time.

If I may notice similarities between Tuesday's mistake and Friday's mistake (when I was shipping): blithe certainty that it will All Work Out, there's no need for me to pay close attention. Failure to accurately count, even on my fingers. Elastic sense of time. Situation that is not tragic, but is inconvenient and expensive, and takes some running around to fix.

I'm having two more shippers sent out directly from the company, overnight. I'm waiting for them to call back and tell me they can do this. I could just wait this cycle out but HAHAHAHAHA I am so not in the mood to miss one, I'd rather cough up an extra $150 to not have to miss this cycle. And it's really only $120 because of the wasted Ov-Watch sensor.

Why has Equitainer not called me back? *drums fingers*

ETA: ordered via another company. A bit more expensive, but they actually called me back. Am not filled with confidence in Hamilton Research Inc. Shippers should be to CA by Saturday. Once again, a thick application of money has more or less compensated for a dumb moment. I should be grateful. Am grateful. As long as the mistakes I make can be fixed by some cash, I'm not so badly off.

I am so glad I am not a surgeon, or an air-traffic controller.

No comments:

Post a Comment