Friday, February 16, 2007

Cycle 2, CD5

So I have this thing for Camper shoes, expensive soft Spanish- or Moroccan-made footwear with a whimsical design sensibility. And every day I get an email from eBay that tells me if anything new has been posted with a title containing the keywords "Camper" and "37".

This morning my inbox contained a link for a listing entitled "CAMPER TWINS SPERM & EGG MULES RED SHOES 37/7 L/NEW". Sperm and egg shoes? said I. Perhaps they will be my lucky conception shoes!

I clicked on over eagerly, only to be greeted with this sight:



Cute shoes! Cute egg! Cute sperm! And a tragic genetic defect! The egg is question is clearly suffering from polyspermy. That egg has been penetrated by two sperm (the sperm in question also appear to have missed the nucleus, but let's call that one artistic license). The shoes may be cute, but that is gonna be one useless zygote.

No comments:

Post a Comment