Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's all over but the bleedin'.

Hcg 115. Game over.  Not too surprised -- after the bleed on Thursday night, on Friday I passed something suspiciously... embryo-like.  I had this wild fantasy that maybe it was one of twins (really, self? With those betas?) but yeah, no.  Honestly, I knew it was over then.

At least the timing is actually pretty good. I'm about to go to Vegas for a week for a conference, and now I won't have to bring shots. And I can drink coffee, and take the antihistamines I've been denying myself for the past two weeks. And it is blessedly not dragging me through beta hell, meandering across and down in a laggardly fashion -- that's a damn good sharp plunge.  Almost as if I'd, you know, passed the entire sac on Friday.  So I hope that's a sign that this will be over cleanly.

If not, though, I'm going to Vegas equipped. In my cosmetics bag I have a DIY uterine evacuation kit, leftovers from the last round: misoprostol, Zofran, painkillers. If this drags on in a painful way I can take care of it quickly. I probably won't use it, but I find it incredibly comforting that I have it.


4 comments:

  1. I am really sorry. L.babypants

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-(

    I was hoping it wasn't over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this. I suppose the lack of ambiguity is better than it could be, but still...

    ReplyDelete