Tuesday, September 3, 2013

FET #5: estrogen day 4

Final grade for the NuvaRing: B+. It did eventually engender in me a certain amount of irritability (ahem) and sore breasts. The most distressing side effect was a cystitis-y bladder irritation. I was annoyed enough that I took it out on 2 am of the day I was supposed to remove it. Overall, though, a solid performance. OCPs get a straight D.

I think my favorite thing about the NuvaRing was the way it did not require me to do anything every day. I couldn't feel it, and for those 21 days  I could just forget about the whole TTC thing. Good stuff.


I'm now on intramuscular injectible estrogen. It's a small quantity, but since the carrier oil is very thick it still hurts sometimes. But it's only every three day, so no biggie.

I am also, following on the lining success of my past two cycles, taking via-oh-god-please-don't-spam-me-gra. Except when I ordered it from my grey market Indian pharmacy I did not order enough for three cycles. I guess I thought it would be... negative? Pessimistic? Evidence of a disturbing lack of faith? Anyway, I got enough for two cycles. But for various reasons, I have just enough now to scrape thinly over the third cycle provided I use the bonus "buy some get a free gift!" tablets, which were a higher dosage. I'm cutting them with a pill cutter, so fine. The funny part is that the free ones? Soft chews. So the ones I am cramming up my nether regions are fruit flavored.

Lining check on the 11th.


1 comment:

  1. Fruit flavored??? Wow!
    Yay for taking meds in a way that doesn't involve having to think about it.
    Thinking of you and hoping this cycle is finally The One.

    ReplyDelete