Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ultrasound Update

A mixed bag. The good: perfectly measuring, with a flawless sac and a genuine real heartbeat! The bad: while in the office, I started bleeding like a stuck pig. Subchorianic hematoma seems to be the sitch. Miscarriage rates run anywhere from 13-50%, depending on who you ask.  I'm on bedrest until it resolves (hopefully in a day or two, or I'm really gonna have to figure out what to tell my boss).

So... nerve-wracking. But so glad to see that miraculous little flutter. Now, little thing, just stay put, nu? Ignore all that bleeding going on around you. Just go about your embryonic business, okay?

3 comments:

  1. Stay put, embryo! I'm thinking good thoughts for that bleeding to stop. That must be terrifying. I'm thrilled you saw the heartbeat and everything else looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grow and stay put little embryo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there little one! How fabulous to see the heartbeat. And terrifying to start bleeding all over the place. I guess the RE's office is a good place to be if you're going to have things like that happen. Thinking of you all.

    ReplyDelete