Thursday, April 19, 2012

I love Google autocomplete.

It's such a fascinating window into humanity.

If you type "how to cope with g-" you get


How to cope with grief
How to cope with guilt
How to cope with gender disappointment
How to cope with growing up
How to cope with genital warts
How to cope with gad
How to cope with getting fired
How to cope with giving up a dog
How to cope with going bald
How to cope with getting dumped

I feel lucky in being able to say that almost none of these are concerns of mine.

If you just type "how to cope with" you get
How to cope with anxiety
How to cope with stress
How to cope with depression
How to cope with divorce
How to cope with death
How to cope with infertility
How to cope with colic
How to cope with loneliness
How to cope with death of a pet
How to cope with anger

I don't do quite as well off that list. I'm not getting a divorce, no one's dead, no one's got colic (hah!) and our dogs are hale and healthy (though one is doddering).

Oh, Google. You are my agony aunt.

2 comments:

  1. It's fascinating to me that "genital warts" is one of the first g____ to come up.

    ReplyDelete