Monday, December 5, 2011

6w2d: Zombie embryo

Today's beta: 590, progesterone 18.

Poor little embryo. It doesn't know it's dead. Poor little thing just doesn't know when to quit.

I was offered a D&C tomorrow, but I just can't get myself organized mentally or physically for that. And there's still a hope that if I wait a bit longer my body will figure it out on its own. The danger is that, given the inconclusive ultrasound, we can't be 100% sure that it's not ectopic -- but it likely isn't.

I don't know what the right thing to do is. I'm scared of the D&C, but the idea of having this over with is very appealing. If (as is likely) Zombie Embryo is in my uterus, my hcg levels should go down pretty quickly afterwards. No more sore boobs, no more useless pregnancy symptoms. I could be good to try again in February or so.  It'd be over.

On the other hand, the logistics give me a headache. I'd have to figure out about getting Small Boy to and from preschool, I'd have to take time off of work, I guess I'd have to take cabs since Her Indoors doesn't drive, I know the whole thing would end up costing a mint which, although I am blessed to say is not my primary criterion, adds a special insult.  More, I think, the idea of lying there on a gurney in a hair-cover and gown is pretty awful. I'm afraid of it hurting. I don't know what kind of anesthesia they'd give me. I guess I could ask. I just want this whole thing to go away.
  
It's okay, little thing. Let it go. We'll try again, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. Whatever you decide, I'm hoping for a quick and painless resolution.

    ReplyDelete