Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Boy oh boy does blogger need a "reply" option...

...or a blogger who either can figure out how to correctly install a widget. Or a blogger who can get around to picking up stakes and moving to wordpress.

Shannon recently commented
Doesn't the hormone concentration in your pee vary a bit with your fluid intake?

Why, yes. Yes, it does. Also, the dye concentration on pee sticks varies from lot to lot and even within a box. Also, it is completely insane to try and treat a qualitative test like this as a quantitative test. These are all things that would be at the forefront of the mind of someone who wasn't completely deranged.


Juliane asked
Do you think twins? When is your ultrasound? 

My guess is that the U/S would be at 7w? That's assuming the betas come back anything worth writing home about. My beta is this Saturday, Nov 19, hopefully with a follow-up on Monday,  Nov 21. Hilariously, I'm supposed to go on a 7 hour Thanksgiving roadtrip the next day.

As for twins... maybe? I don't know? It is awfully early for a line like that. But I'm hoping that it's just one bold, brassy, strong little embryo. Twins would not be a good thing for me. I'm 38, hypertensive, I was insulin-dependent during my last pregnancy, I'm really short, there's a laundry list of other reasons why that would be a tough situation. My first two IVFs were single-embryo transfers because I was so terrified of twins. But time went on, and I got sadder and more desperate, and it was a double-embryo transfer that resulted in our '09 son. For the previous and this FET, we transferred two. So... it could be. I'll think about that later.

Love to Lathany and Olive, too.

Tonight I'm going to try and figure out some kind of bloggy-reply-thingie fer sure.

P.S. Four hours after this morning's somewhat-disappointing pee stick, I tried again, with much more satisfactory results, the same as last night I think or mayyyybe a touch darker. Yes. Crazy is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment