Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 8: still 7

This morning's scan says that the Magnificent Seven are still, well, seven. Doc did mention that my over-or-low response is is not atypical for PCOS women. That means that for next time/if there's a next time I'll get to choose between a small number of eggs or overresponding. Yay.

Holding the dose steady at 150/75. I'll get scanned again on Sunday, which will likely be trigger day. That will make for a Tuesday retrieval and a Friday or Sunday transfer. Which one will be entirely determined by the condition of the embryos on Day 3.

In other news, I see pregnant people. Rode upstairs on the elevator with a genuine belly-rubber, enthusiastically polishing her perfectly round belly as if it were Aladdin's lamp. Stood in line at the cafeteria with a woman loudly proclaiming only three weeks left to go. I'm choosing to see all this as good omen and not the universe taunting me.

I am so ready for the weekend.

ETA: E2 - 910

3 comments:

  1. I am hoping that the magnificent 7 will not let you down! You definitely deserve for this to work (and yes, I do think that some people deserve it and some don't-- I'm a bitch like that) and may I just say that you are a much kinder person than I for not hating on the pregnant women you are seeing? You are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my fingers crossed for your magnificent seven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fingers are crossed for trigger day!

    ReplyDelete