Friday, April 4, 2008

Hey hey I saw two lines...

Peed on a stick this morning. It was to see if the trigger was out of my system, honest. It had nothing to do with any desire to see what a positive pregnancy test looks like. (Note to the curious: it looks just like a negative one, except there's another pink line where the blank white space usually is).

Feeling a million times better today. Some time yesterday afternoon I just suddenly felt that my body had its balance back -- my mouth was moist again, my abdomen less swollen, the searing shoulder pain was gone, and the sense of worry and wrongness just abated. Yippee! Three days off of work is not ideal, though -- and I still haven't mentioned the embryo transfer on Monday (I'm thinking perhaps I can just nip off during lunch, get knocked up?) If I do this again I think I'll have to take a vacation week off. I think the "minor surgery the details of which I don't want to talk about" excuse would sound fishy the second time.

Embryo report tomorrow. *gulp*

3 comments:

  1. Such a great attitude! I have all the hope in the world for you, certain that you won't need that "next time." ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Embryo report? Is this "you have an embryo" or are there more details?

    Also - can you do it in your lunch-hour or is it usually somewhat dehabilitating? (This is probably a stupid question).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Bluemont, thank you dear.

    Dawn, the embryo report will be something along the lines of "X of your embryos we consider high quality, Y are low quality, and Z of them are arrested and might as well be flushed down the toilet." Obviously we want a high X and a low Z.

    It's not a stupid question at all about the transfer -- it's supposed to be quite easy, more like a pelvic exam than anything else. It's scheduled for my lunch hour on Monday and I fully intend to go back to work. Some people stay on bedrest for a day or two afterwards, but there's no proof that bedrest improves pregnancy rates at all. It will be very odd to be sitting there in a meeting Monday afternoon with a freaking embryo inside me.. but I guess you know how weird THAT is... you had two. :D

    ReplyDelete