Tuesday, April 8, 2008

1dp5dt

Stuff that's going on:
  • Cramps. I'm torn between thinking whoopee, that's implantation right there! and thinking man, I am going to start menstruating the second my progesterone goes down low enough, because my body is dying to expel some lining right now.
  • None of yesterday's excess batch made it to freeze. 5 frozen is just fine, a very good outcome, but I'm just amazed at how the numbers winnow at every point in this process. 25 eggs > 21 mature eggs > 16 fertilized > 15 embryos > 6 blastocysts.
  • I have officially "peed out" the trigger shot, which is to say that I am no longer getting positive tests on my pee sticks. We will now enter a brief, brief time period of no-stick-peeing before I start peeing in earnest.
  • I already have plans for the next cycle if this doesn't work. I don't do positive thinking. I'm all about the defensive pessimism.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, i'm with you on the defensive pessimism. i've been reading into every cramp, ache, pulling sensation or gas (as well as the absence of them). i'm making contingency plans in my head about what we'll do if my ultrasound shows nothing...

    that being said, i'm really happy for you that it's looking like you got both the quantity and the quality for your transfer and the little frozen americans. 5 blasto-pops sounds pretty great to me!

    oh, and i wanted to say that the scene of you and your sweetheart looking into each other's eyes after transfer was so sweetly rendered.
    thinking of snuggly linings...
    tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm all about the defense pessimism"

    Which apparently increases your chances!

    See, I'm doing the positive thinking for you.

    ReplyDelete