Tuesday, February 26, 2008

CD15, day 13 of BCP: random news snippets

  • 13th day of FemCon, the latest state-of-the-art chewable (!) mint-flavored oral contraceptive. Why the latest state-of-the-art chewable mint-flavored oral contraceptive, you might ask? Because that's what my RE gets free samples of from the drug rep, that's why.

    I was nauseous for the first week but my body seems to have adjusted quickly; now all I've got in the way of symptoms are huge incandescently sore boobs. I'm spotting steadily but lightly, and am not going to worry about it.

  • I have put up a link to my IVF calendar. Of course I expect my friends to be poring over it daily, but mostly it's there for my own reference -- and for that of my beloved partner. Bless her heart, she is blissfully oblivious to most of what's going on. If I tell her to show up at a doctor's appointment, she does. Other than that it doesn't cross her mind, except when she looks over my shoulder and has to say "should you be googling that?"

    Lesbians are in a somewhat unusual situation here. Men and women are rarely in the same place emotionally about TTC. Two women, on the other hand, sometimes -- not always -- but sometimes are. I have certainly heard tale of couples who cling to each other and weep with every BFN, and who find comfort in that.

    Not us, though. She will be a fantastic mom when/if there's an actual live squalling human being requiring attention. But dreaming and worrying about the theoretical has always been my job. It's a relief, honestly. One of us chugging a daily giant 22-oz can of crazy is quite enough.

  • My protocol has changed again (I thought the one the receptionist had relayed to me sounded a bit fishy). I'll be on the pills for an extra ten days; I still don't have the predicted dates for retrieval and transfer. but I start my Lupron on March 8; injection training in March 6. Who hoo! Things may be moving a bit faster than I had feared, which is nice because I AM IMPATIENT OKAY.

  • Apparently my infertility coverage authorization has expired and the doctor's office is running around to get it renewed. Hear that? They're running around to get it renewed, I'm not. I love this so much. I'll love it less if they screw something up or don't succeed, but I'm cautiously optimistic. My insurance company has been very good to deal with so far

  • My drugs have been ordered and received, approximately $4000 worth. My copay? $139. I am never leaving this job. I'm the gratefullest employee ever.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds OK. Or, rather, better than expected in terms of timescale.

    ReplyDelete