Tuesday, June 5, 2007

CD21: GAH GAH GAH

Bloodwork came back. Estrogen 216, progesterone .61. That means I likely DIDN'T ovulate. I don't know what else that means because I'm waiting for a call back from my doctor, and Dr. Google is failing me.

If I did not ovulate, whyfore the empty follicle? Whyfore the excellent grade-A picture-book cervical mucus? (btw: don't complain, this journal is in the no-such-thing as TMI zone). I don't understand.

Unless the follicle popped just like a few minutes before the ultrasound? Is that even possible? How long does it take the progesterone to hit the bloodstream, anyway?

*stares at phone*


eta: reference ranges, for my own record:
Follicular -- estradiol 143–694 pmol/l; progesterone 0.6–2.6 nmol/l; LH 1–26 IU/l; FSH 2.5–10.2 IU/l.
Luteal -- estradiol 176–1134 pmol/l; progesterone 13.2–75.2 nmol/l; LH 1–27 IU/l; FSH 1.5–9.1 IU/l.

eta2: just got off the phone with doc. we're repeating the bloodwork. i'm off to get vampirized.

No comments:

Post a Comment