Sunday, May 27, 2007

CD12 update

1) All my technology is very quiet. No sign from the Ov-Watch, nothing from the Clearblue, only the usual incoherent ramblings from the OvaCue. This is good, because

2) I'm scheduled to have Dr. F do an HSG at 12:30 on Wednesday, and he can't do it if I've already ovulated.

Basically, they fill your uterus up with contrast dye, and then take pictures of where it goes (ideally, the fallopian tubes). Besides being generally good fun, the dye often flushes out bits of mucus, debris, etc, and increases your fertility for a few cycles. As B has said, my tubes have never been used, so they might still have the packing material on. And considering my history (pelvic inflammatory disease picked up during my dissolute youth) it makes sense to do this before we go any further.

Accounts of the procedure range from "absolutely painless" to "HOLY FUCK", with the HOLY FUCK side being those with obstructed tubes. Let's hope that's not me, for so many reasons, eh? Am also considering whether or not to pop some of my little horde of Valium left over from a dental procedure. On one hand, seems like it couldn't hurt, but on the other hand, then I couldn't drive. And maybe I'll feel dandy and like walking home afterwards, but maybe I won't.

In other news, have figured out that I'm even luckier than I thought -- my insurance doesn't just cover IUI, it covers IVF. So if the tubes don't work we'll just bypass 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment