Tuesday, March 13, 2007

CD30, 10DPO

Things Not To Do During the Two Week Wait:

1. Read "first mother" blogs. So fucking depressing. Reading them makes me feel like a Republican, and I never thought anything could do that. But! the complete lack of any personal responsibility for one's choices. The culture of victimhood. The easy cruelty towards "infertiles" and "adoptresses". So. Fucking. Awful. And of course, because it's such a train wreck, I cannot tear myself away.

2. Read blogs by angry-children-of-donor-insemination. Logically, I know that people who are blogging about a particular subject are not a representative sample. It's still depressing.

3. Read blogs by angry-children-of-surrogacy. Logically, I know that people who are blogging about a particular subject are not a representative sample. It's still depressing.

I think that I am just flat-out not allowed to read the internets. Somehow I've gotten stuck in the series of tubes lost in the maze of twisty little blogpages, all alike. I'm not reading things that make me happy. I think it's back to ikea hacker and cute overload. Those sites have never done me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment