Friday, February 9, 2007

CD33, ??DPO

Yeeahhhh. Am increasingly convinced that I was in a cracked-out hormonal frenzy when I convinced myself that I was ovulating early. I wasn't sleeping well, had an extremely stale houseguest, and was generally twitchy enough that my judgment was questionable. Plus, I was taking Evening Primrose Oil, which extends your fertile mucus -- great, except when you're trying to use your mucus as a basis for predicting ovulation. *headdesk*

So, to rearrange thinking: If I start on Sunday, I will have had a 34 day cycle, during which I most likely ovulated around day 20. That's a good four days after the second insemination. Ooopsie. Ne'er mind.

Good: that puts the next cycle's fertile days squarely at the end of February, long enough after getting back from Tarpon Springs that I won't feel too sheepish about darting out of work in the morning to go play with sperm.

So if I start Sunday, likely window days 18-20 for ovulation, days 16-19 for insems, 2/26-3/1. 2/26 is a Monday, and thus unshippable, but I'd feel reasonably sanguine about doing the Tuesday and Wednesday. So 2/27-3/1.

This time I will not be lazy and stop tracking Ovacue/CM/CP after I spuriously declare ovulation. I want a full month of data this time. If I had kept it up this month I might have spared myself some of the agony.

Note to self: buy more tests fomg. Experiment with mug warmer to see if it is at all useful at keeping water at 37C. Syringes have arrived; syringe tips are out for delivery right this second. Ov-watch is ready. A phalanx of technology awaits.

Of course, until my period actually arrives, I'm going to keep testing like a fiend...

No comments: