Sunday, February 4, 2007

CD28, 12DPO

Have ordered 10-mo supply of syringes and caps. *cracks knuckles* Tomorrow, new toy Ov-Watch. Flexible spending dollars are just like free money!

I told S a while ago that this was definitely the overthinking-woman's way to reproduce.  It appeals to me in the way that timeshare-trading appeals to my mother. There's just so much to know.

Like, the syringes are not any syringes, but are latex-free ones. There are currently two manufacturers of latex-free syringes with North American distribution. One of those manufacturers seems to be known for superior quality. Check. Then, of course, there's a variety of retail outlet from whence those syringes can be purchased. Check.  The proper sort of syringe caps. Delivery services researched for convenience of location, reliability and price. Check. Account opened. Labels pre-printed. Decision reached about catheters (current decision: no).  Decision on shipping protocol (test tube or syringe? syringe, on the grounds that it cuts down transfers and exposure to air). There are about six companies that make cooled-semen shipping containers. The ones that I bought I am quite confident are the best, with the sturdiest outer boxes, the most secure foam blocks, and the most reliable passive cooling system. Each decision has been optimized, first for quality, then for price.

All of this soothes me.  There are so many things I regret, chances I've let slip by with halfhearted efforts (like, say, graduate school).  This will not be one of them.  No matter what happens I'll be able to look myself in the eye and know yes, yes I did do all I could.

Still undecided about the OPKs.  If I do get an LH surge it'll be a cheering confirmation of my other methods. On the other hand, I am getting very sick of the sight of my own urine. Oh well, I've a week to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment