Thursday, September 26, 2013

The day before beta

Jest passin' the time. Every now and then I pee on a piece of cardboard, squint, and alternately decide

a) it's wayyy darker omg must start googling strollers now! now! how are we going to afford daycare? should I try for a VBAC?
b) it's wayyy lighter and I wonder if I'll get all the way to misoprostol, now my preferred abortifacient, or if it'll poop out on its own.

Neither of these reactions is either warranted or helpful.

I'm just not very good at sitting and waiting.

I'm going to be in a meeting for most of tomorrow. I've asked the nurse to email me the beta results. Probably my favorite thing about this practice is that they don't mind emailing results.  I have some serious PTSD from the hold music at my last REs. I'd be waiting and waiting and listening to the loop and my heart pound and pretty soon my blood pressure started to shoot up as soon as the music started. Plus I'm always afraid I'll hear something wrong or write it down wrong or something. With email there is only the barest pause between seeing that I have the email and seeing the results. 

So. Tomorrow.


5 comments:

  1. Is there an emoticon for a big nebulous flood of supportive emotion? The words aren't doing what I want them to.

    ~~~~{{}}~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came out kind of yoni-tastic but I guess that's not inappropriate. I was thinking more of {hugs}.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That roller-coaster sounds all too familiar. I remember peeing on multiple sticks, deciding I was done staring at them and throwing them away, only to fish them back out of the trash and squint some more.
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahah. I've SO done that. In fact, when I was fishing one out from the kitchen trash -- next to plate scrapings -- I had a very clear flash this is crazy. I am crazy. But you know, I fished them out anyway. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone in my insanity.

      Delete