Sunday, November 13, 2011

3dp5dt: WTF, OHSS?

So, I seem to have made it onto the very short list of people (possibly consisting of only me) who manage to develop OHSS while doing a FET.

Of course, it's reasonably common to develop it while doing an injection IUI cycle, and that's essentially what I did, minus the IUI. So logically it makes perfect sense. It's just absurd. Who the hell develops OHSS during a FET cycle? Me, that's who.

I'd be elated if it were a few day in the future and I could count it as late-onset OHSS, which almost always is a harbinger of pregnancy. But it is, sadly, too early for anything but early-onset, which is a harbinger of... larger pants sizes.

S'okay. It's mild, so far, nothing but a belly gone up one clear size in jeans since Friday.  I lost a bunch of weight in the past year, so I don't even look too odd, just kind of back to normal rotundity. It's just... OHSS? Really?  Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment