Monday, March 31, 2008

Day 11: Trigger Day

That's right, girls and... er... girls! You read the title correctly. No, I am not hosting a photo exhibition honoring Roy Rogers' horse. I am triggering tonight, because my E2 was 4356 as of ass o'clock this morning.

4356, what can I say? I can say that
  1. It's above some clinics' cutoffs for retrieval/transfer, but below others'. A lot of clinics use 3500 as the cut-off, but others use 5000.
  2. It's much much much better than I had feared. See, I was getting what I believe is called a geometric progression -- doubled between days 5 and 7, almost tripled between 7 and 9... the fact that it only went up to 4400 between days 9 and 11 is marvelous.
  3. It still puts me at risk of OHSS, but whatever, right? People say it's unpleasant, but it's not fatal. And you know what else would be unpleasant? Doing this whole damn thing again if I don't have to. I'll take my chances, spike the retrieval IV with albumin, and hope for the best.
  4. It's a very cool number because if you transpose the first two digits it's 3456, a numerical keymash.
Once again my prodigious powers of worrying have, by the force of my mind, managed to avert disaster.

Retrieval is scheduled for 8 am Wednesday. Have to be there at 6:30. Without having had coffee. HAHAHAH. Still not sure how we're going to get there -- cab, I guess. My darling doesn't drive and I'll be in no shape to be driving home afterwards

EE EE EEE! Excited! Happy! Mood swingy! I LOVE ALL OF YOU -- YES, YOU OVER THERE, ESPECIALLY YOU.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray!

    What does triggering mean?

    FYI, if you can get your hands on some dock seed, wear it in a satchel tied to your left arm on Wednesday. I have been looking for some to send to you but can only find the root, not the seed. The 1887 "Legends, Charms and Superstitions of Ireland" by Lady Wilde (Oscar's mama) has a line: "The seed of docks tied to the left arm of a woman will prevent her being barren."

    There are several different kinds of dock plants--red dock and yellow dock seem to be the most common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. saddle up and ride 'em cowgirl! happy trigger day. go, follicles go! but not too much. hoping for embryos of exquisite quality.

    tina (RC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops. i meant quality eggs. and then embryos. i am clearly too tired to be commenting.

    tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'll be thinking of you big time tomorrow morning! best of luck.

    swg from rc and http://hereticalhedonism.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete